Are Black women and Asian men being sidelined?

Posted by Ria, 09 Sep

I'm always blogging about how White guys are getting the hot Asian women… but lets not forget Black guys dating White women.

Black woman-Asian man couples are like considered rare in the US… sometimes even ridiculed as poor matches by whites, blacks and Asians alike. Is this combo freakish as some people who have never seen such a couple put it?

Your perfect partner could be online right now...

What are you looking for?

One thing that made me sit and think for a moment is… "Are there fewer white men that are willing to date black women… and even fewer white women willing to date Asian men?" It’s like Black women and Asian men are being left on the sideline when it comes to the interracial dating game. So why is this?

Following what most people say, would I be right to conclude that most Black women and Asian men probably aren’t interested in dating outside of their own race?

I believe when people finally get over their rigidity and put a human face to black woman-Asian man relationships eventually they will respect this combo as much as most Americans accept and even laud some other types of interracial unions.

Well I think this would be one viable option to consider in interracial dating… Black women and Asian men should start dating each other more. What do you make of it?

441 responses to "Are Black women and Asian men being sidelined?"

You must be logged in to post a comment.

1.   Member says:
    Posted: 07 May 10

If you're worried about what your "people" will say, you are a coward and we don't want you. Don't date outside your race. Enjoy cowardice and don't experience life as it should be, but rather as it is. However, if you wish to contribute to the future of the American Race, then to hell with the other cowards and join us multiracials in the conquering of the future! We are taking over one day at a time, whether you like it or not. Eventually your fearful past will expire, never to be missed. -Triracial parent of quadracial beauties

2.   jenna says:
    Posted: 28 Apr 10

I have to say that I always had a thing for Asian guys,but due to their cultural preference for lighter skinned females, nothing ever materialized in terms of dating and or relationship. In the Asian culture as far as I see it,worship of lighter skinned people are prominent. However I still like my Jet Li, Kim Dong Wang,Jimmy Lin and the lot! To each his own!

3. Posted: 26 Apr 10

to my black sisters and brothers i can say that we have beautiful black women in our culture but the only probelm we have somtimes is lack of commuation when i approach a black woman by speaking or simply just saying hi some have thrown their noses up at me but the main probelm that most of my black sisters have is a nasty mouth and that goes for some of the brothers as well.but the reason for a black man to find that certin black woman its always expitations between us or in other cases we the men are accussed of the crimes that the last man commited and that bothers a lot of brothers.the sisters should keep the d word out of their mouths and the brothers should keep the b word out of their mouths.you would think that would solve part of the probelm wrong again from now until the end of time for some silly reason we keep looking down on each other especially the black stars in acting and music really avoid the black community now with a black president hates comes from everywhere.anyway this is america and what type of men that sister wants in her life and the woman that brother wants in his life just be happy because color has nothing to do with it this is 2010 not 1910 goodbye readers

4. Posted: 06 Apr 10

@ kiki. Not to discount your feelings. Not to make this seem like a lecture to you. But, your father has more experience when it comes to life, people, and its consequences from making a single decision, than you or your friends do, at this time. You're under his care and he wants the best for you, whether you agree with him or not. He's more aware of the mind-set and problems with in the cultural differences, as well as, the aftermath effects of an emotional and physical relationship that you have not encountered at this time. So, why not take a moment to sit down, again with your father. Open your mind, listen quietly, and ask him to explain to you the reason for his view points. Also, ask him to give you some examples of experiences. Whether his or someone elses. It's not to say that you'll experience the same; it's to help you to have better judgement when a situation is going in an unfavorable direction. You won't be lost at what to do. Also, parents are aware that they can't keep their children from all of life's experiences, yet they will do everything in their power to prepare them to make sound decisions. Regarding, just go with your heart. A person is never led by their heart alone. The mind is always an active participant in giving directions. People just ignore what they don't want to see or accept. Besides that, it's foolish and dangerous (even more so for a female) to ignore any sound reasoning. Especially, your own, once you know how valuable you are as a young woman and human being. Why not major on that aspect first, then, get a minor when it comes to dating. I hope this is helpful to you.

5.   kiki says:
    Posted: 04 Apr 10

I am a 15 year old african american girl and i live in southern cali. i have been attracted to asian(mostly filipino) boys since third grade. Some of them seemed to have liked me back, and others didnt really notice me. my friends are very supportive of my preferences, but my father is not. i just wish that people could set aside stereotypes and differences and just go with their heart. i've been wanting to approach a filipino, but i dont know how. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.   t-ara says:
    Posted: 31 Mar 10

I'm an a girl of Caribbean descent. I suddenly developed a huge crush on this Korean guy my senior year in high school and since then have been very attracted to Asian guys. BW/AM couples are a rarity, but I have seen a few in person. People say Asian males aren't into black women, but in my experience that's totally not true. I was "talking" to a Filipino guy for a couple of weeks, but had to let him go because he was more into me than I was him. I've been hit on my Korean dudes, Vietnamese dudes, Chinese dudes, Hapa dudes and a few East Indian ones. Black girls, if you are into Asian guys, don't let the "statistics" or the nay-sayers discourage you. Experience things for yourself. Other people's experiences (or non-experiences) with the AM/BW pairing will not necessarily be your own!!

• PrncsRapture says:
      Posted: 02 Jan 11

Filipino's, although considered, are not Asian to me. Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Japanese seem more Asian. I've worked with Filipino's for years and they are so different. Facial features are more like an African's features mixed with Eskimo. (Just my silly thoughts) Wow an Asian male with a Black female; That's like two rams butting heads. Two strong minded individuals together. Great business partners, but terrible lovers, unless the female turns submissive. Personally I've always found Asian men attractive, especially tall ones, yeah I've seen them.

• reese says:
        Posted: 27 Dec 11

There are black women who are submissive and everything in between. Asian men who are compromising.

7.   maxhb says:
    Posted: 31 Mar 10

I get one your issues with this young man is age difference. Let me say this, my first marriage wasn't interracial, but she was 48 and I was 30. That was 2 generations difference. her born 1933 and me 1951. She was beautiful and still is and I curse the day we split. We had that incredible connection. Laughed, worked and loved passionately. Today whenever we talk I am transported if by magic to how I felt then 28 years ago. IF YOU HAVE A CONNECTION like this, where you finish each other's sentences, cant keep from touching...are inexorably drawn, go for it. I would recommend you do a course such as Landmark Forum and get a good sense of possibilities and great tools for communication and dealing with upsets. They will be issues in all communications and with age difference it cuts through the illusions an machinations that separates who we are as Human beings engaged in living. I envy you being so close to this . Get over the age thing. Get in touch with and don't deny your gut level feelings. Appreciate this moment in your life. I am a Lucy Lu fan and can't see any problem with any race, just individuals at times.

8.   darkjoy66 says:
    Posted: 30 Mar 10

So I hope that this post. I am a AA woman who has always liked Asian men and until recently I just thought that it was something I would have to keep to myself. I have dated men from all over the world except for Asia. I feel this is partly due to my own bias and fear of rejection. Recently I have met a much younger man, he is Filipino. I have two issues, one he is 16 years younger than me and two I don't know what he really wants. I finally told him today how old I was and he was shocked. But cool. I am thinking of just forming a friendship with him. He is an IT guy and I am a Artist. He is only here in AZ for a few months so maybe I will take him to some shows. Oh side note: Check out "Carolina Chocolate Drops" they will blow your mind. Peace.

9. Posted: 24 Mar 10

@Asa, cont. What does that leave black women? It depends on whose eyes you're looking at the situation through!

10. Posted: 23 Mar 10

@ Asa. I agree with this point. I, too, don't like American mainstream culture, and I'm well over being a 5th generation American. Out of its boredom, this mainstream culture continually works at pitching/walling people to/from each other, respectively, as if we don't have the inherent ability to choose on our own. Why should bw and am get together under the guise of being low on the totem pole romantically? It's absurd. Also, I am not colored blind, what for? We can become attracted to a person 'regardless' of their skin color. Yet, falling in love with someone of another race makes the skin color factor, inclusive. In addition to the above, why not..... -Look at the number of black men 'not' in jail. -Look at the number of black men 'not' married to white women. Have you conducted a study on this? If wo, just don't focus on athletes...let's look at politicians and the like, shall we! Also, what do you deem as successful? Financially, only? Being successful financialy is not the 'only' type of success or wealth a person can have to share with others. That criteria is definitely small-minded! Malcolm X started out with a focus for change for aa's, then after going to Mecca, his view changed and became more broaden. I would just like to know, how you could form your mouth to mention Malcolm X, by throwing the woes of some peoples mishaps, up in a peoples face which you know nothing about? American mainstream culture media has done a number on you, as well, in your small community! Do you know about the 'struggle' or what it is to stand for what's right, outside of your four walls? I don't think so! Because you choose to remain isolated and choose to stay in your small community and have a small-mind, being a just as much a product of the American mainstream culture, as planned for you, too. If you're not a part of the solution, you're part of the problem. There's no gray areas. By the way, I'm quite sure there are some 'secretive' dogs in your community, too! woof, woof, grrrrrr! LOL! @ deeann. I agree with you about this site blogger. I have submitted thought provoking information that was not posted and was in line with the topic!

11. Posted: 22 Mar 10

Someone might have mentioned it but I will reinterate asian men have a stereotype of being too dominate not emotional and that's a turnoff to some women even asian women are offended by that. I was in a relationship with a filipino man who I had a child with who I ended the relationship with because I realize I would not be happy with him I was told by asian women all married to white men that they don't like the dominance of asian men they wanted to be treated as equals, my sons father insisted on me giving him my entire paycheck and he would give me what he thought I needed out of it! He also said he liked "extremely submissive" women. My case might be isolated from others but he fit into the stereotypes people have of asian males.

12.   deeann says:
    Posted: 20 Mar 10

@ Asa, Good comments and there are those who do care about bw. The site blogger tries her best to place bw in a negative light.

13.   Asa says:
    Posted: 13 Mar 10

I am a straight Asian guy, let me give you some insight into why you don't see Asian men dating out that much. I know Asian women who love to be "libera", "open minded", and "color blind", but there are no such thing, because they discriminates against their own and other minorities. I don't believe in "love is colorblind". I don't have strick parents, I just don't like mainstream American culture that pressured minorities to date out inorder to be accepted, while white people can be racist and selective if they want to. Asian men should date black women because they feel they are left out of American love market, and vice versa. Asian men and black women are a KKK white supremacist dream, because it affirms their racial superiority. Since these two group are undesirable in mainstream American eyes, they somehow should get together or go extinct. Frankly, I don't give a s*** about Americna culture. I rather live in my own small community than be a dog in another. Call me small minded, but that is what Malcolm X advocated, and if black people listened they would be better off than they are now. Look at how many black males are in jail and when they do get successful they married white women and go broke spending it all in the white community. What does that leave black women?

14.   bbincali says:
    Posted: 12 Mar 10

I am a black female. I walked through a college campus and a shopping mall and asked asian males their opinon on Asian men and Black female couples. These are of some of the comments I received: I think it’s all about change. Yes, I do think that Asian men and Black females are rare today, but there was a time when many different races coupled together were rare to see. Some Asian men are afraid of change, not willing to change, or want to test the waters, but don’t have a clue of how to do it. As time goes on, change does happen. In today’s world people are looking more and more at the heart and not at the skin when it comes to finding love. I believe it’s just a matter of time before Asian men and Black women will not be such a rare occurance. -Jin, 38 I have to admit that I’m a young, goodlooking Asian guy and not ready to settle down, so I date. I date all races of women and one day if I happen to fall in love with a black women then it is what it is. -Ricky, 21 When I was a young man, I was reprimand for falling in love with a Chinese girl. My mother was outraged. Rather than lose face with my family, I broke it off and later married a Japanese girl of my parent’s choosing. Tradition was number one in my family back then. That was then and this is now. I have a grand-son that I I didn’t see until he was two-years old, because I was outraged at the fact that my son married a black woman. One day a delivery person came to my house and placed a large box on my floor. I noticed the box moved a little and the top was not sealed. When I opened the top a little boy stood up and said “Gran pop.” I love my grand-son, and my daughter-in-law. As they say, love has no boundries. -K., 67 I have always dated Caucasian women. I have never had the opportunity to date a Black woman. -Larry, 32 Ok, I’m a gay Asian man, so I don’t date women at all, but I do have Black women friends who always say that Asian men are so shy and they are scared to step to a Black female. Now on the other hand my straight Asian men friends say they think that most Black women are very aggressive. Well I tell the gals that if they see an Asian Poppy who won’t make the first move then they need to start stepping to them. And for the AP’s, I say, Are you afraid of a strong woman? You need to show her that you can thrown it down just like a brother or a white boy. And that’s my truth! Heeey! -Chino, 31

15. Posted: 08 Mar 10

hello, im an asian male and pretty good looking. ive dated primarily outside of my race and am currently dating a black woman. shes actually the third black woman ive dated. for the most part, i do get a bunch of stares when i walk around with whoever it is im dating. ive dated primarily white, but this just happened because of circumstances and it isnt something i sought out exclusively. the girl im currently seeing is 12 years my junior and very attractive. we get a lot of stares (not because of the age difference, i actually look just as young as her) but because of the fact that we're a mixed couple. black men will snicker about how "they are losing one of their own" or "how my small asian dick can satisfy her". asians will wonder "doesnt she smell like bad?" or "arent you worried that your kids will turn out black?" me personally, i dont give a crap what race i eventually end up marrying. everyone is always walking around with some sense of racial and cultural pride, i could care less. bottom line is, no one is right and no one has the right answers to life...except for YOU! as long as youre not out there being a dick, live your life the way YOU need to. end of story.

• lee413 says:
      Posted: 03 Sep 10

hey, James - i like what you're saying here. you should totally call me. wait, you're seeing someone arleady... *snaps fingers in dissapointment* : ) i'm seeing a Japanese man now who is a very sweet gentleman and sexy as f*. I was attracted to the person rather than the race. we are having a great time, nothing serious, but surely wouldn't turn my nose up to it. i would love more options like this to learn more about the culture in perspectives and maybe even to settle down. really. as you can see, i'm into it.

• Arika7 says:
      Posted: 23 Oct 10

Id just like to say that my first love was an Asian man,I am a multiracial female, and up until I became grown well into my tweenties I loved him and always thought that if there are truly such things has having a soulmate then he was indeed mine.And the stereo types about AM having small penis's is so wrong, he still is one of the hugest Ive ever been with, and was an awesome lover!! Romantic,and so unselfish. Very strong yet kind and loving,loyal and loyal! If there are anymore men out there with this discription contact me I dont care if your blue! " SINGLE " -Arika 7

16.   Eva says:
    Posted: 23 Feb 10

I must say that i overlooked AM at one time b/c of the stereotype of their being short in the bedroom. I am dating a handsom filipino man and he's a complete gentleman and hard worker. We are planning our future together. He loves me for me and i him, we want to start a family, but our finances are the priority before anything else. I'm currently a full time student and so is he. He's strong and caring and yes i have gotten the stares from my own. It is hurtful to see and hear what people say. At this point we dont' care anymmore. My BF don't listen to everyone or the stereotype AM are sexy and attractive you just have to find the right person for you. Mahal Kita (Love You) in filipino. I hear this from my man all the time and i tell him it every morning. We are very happy with each other.

17.   josophine says:
    Posted: 23 Feb 10

i think asian men are selfish they dont want to date black women ,idont know why.may be i should get response from asian men.

18.   Wayner says:
    Posted: 21 Feb 10

Lots of beautiful people on this site. I'm AM, 39, and I had a black girlfriend 3 years ago. On top of that, she was 2 years older than me. That was a surprise to my family, but hey, it's my life. To this day, I've yet to see any AM/BF in NY. We use to get a stare from time to time, but mainly from BM in Brooklyn. I didn't notice BF so much until after we started dating. She was very flirtatious with me at my best friend's wedding, and that's what got my attention. I could not stop noticing BF ever since. I just love their curves, and that many have that cushion. I'm not says a lot of cushion, cause that's not attractive, but just more than AF. I guess I like to see that curvy figure. It's very sexy. I'm not into skin and bones. BF have the look that's exotic to me, and I guess that's why I'm attracted by them. I'm still single in Queens, NY...Still working. Hey, it's a rough economy. What can I say.

19.   muslimman says:
    Posted: 19 Feb 10

I'm of south asian descent. However, being muslim and grown up in new york, i've dated without much thought given to race. I find black women to be extremely attractive and the day I can get to know well a black woman who is interested in family and marriage, i'll be a happy man. I wish there was some sort of dating site like that though.

20.   Chinegro says:
    Posted: 17 Feb 10

My mother is black and my father is Chinese. I do have a hard time with my racial identity. Honestly, I put down black for scholarships, because smart Asians are a dime a dozen and I only flinch sometimes. Do any other people of mixed race who don't necessarily look like a lot like either side have this issue? Moving on, personally, I don't find it a problem that I can't firmly say "I am a black woman" or "I am a Chinese woman" nor do I even feel like I'm mixed. I don't see race when I look in the mirror and don't feel that I make decisions based on my racial culture and can look beyond color in other people. So, I think it's a good thing, being mixed how I am, because I've never been racist against anyone, knowing from a personal standpoint, that race doesn't have to influence your thoughts and actions and if they do, then so be it. I've never been able to assimilate amongst Asians or African Americans, but I don't care, because that way people come talk to me because they like me, not because they see a fellow race-buddy.

21.   Tina says:
    Posted: 15 Feb 10

the truth of the matter is that asian men prefer not to date black women! in their culture, they have a caste system, and guess who is the lowest of the low (you guessed right- black skinned people)!- if you look at most matrimonial ads in india today, there is a strong preference for light skinned ladies. I simply think asian men are too insular and worry too much about what their families think if they date black women

22.   REALLADY says:
    Posted: 08 Feb 10

To comment on JustHoping: Don't worry about how and why you feel the way you do and don't try and fight it. I have always been attracted to Asian men myself. I'm talk bad about it by some of my friends and at one time I begin to feel bad about my attraction for them and couldn't understand why me and why can't I be just attracted to black men as I am Asian men. I first of all would never reject any man because of his race and I am not holding out just for an Asian man either. But one thing I have learned is that I will not let anyone's judgement of my perference get me down. I am who I am and I'm proud of who I am. I'm a black woman but more importantly I'm a human being. Have a happy birthday lady.

23.   JustHoping says:
    Posted: 05 Feb 10

I'm about to have my sixteenth birthday in the next two weeks. So yes I am fairly young and yes most people believe that teenagers do not understand love and cannot feel it, but I think different. Honestly I love asain guys, and it does actually bother me that I don't see that many Asains with Black women. I agree with Kimpab when he said you shouldn't go looking for people because of ethnicity but honestly you want to be attracted to the person yet, still have so much love for them. Well honestly I can say I am attracted to Asain men. Do not get me wrong I love other races too, it's just that well to be frank, its just that I'm just REALLY attracted to asians I don't know what else to say about that I JUST am <333

24.   Member says:
    Posted: 03 Feb 10

I would NEVER EVER date a asian man. I dont find them attractive and will not force myself to be with one just for a good looking child.

25.   DrNini says:
    Posted: 22 Jan 10

I am a black female and personally, I have never dated an Asian man because the option never presented itself. The only men that have ever really approached me are black and hispanic men. I have been friends with men of different races, but none of my white or asian male friends have ever tried to take it to that level. I love men of all races, shapes, and sizes. As long as our personality matches then we're good. But, it seems like there is a serious double standard. Black males and asian women will date any race under the sun, but if their counterparts do the same then in comes the stares and rolling eyes; at least where I'm from. Also, although most of the men that I have dated have been black men I must say that Sung Kang, from Toyko Drift could have a shot. I love manly men!!! Date who you want, love who you want, just don't base it off of race because at the end of the day people are people. Stereotypes aren't always true. Ask Tiger.

26.   Meme says:
    Posted: 19 Jan 10

I think it would be good for African American women to date Asian men. If you ladies see an Asian Man talk to him, become his friend and then make your move into a relationship and see where it goes. As for me, I am a mixed puerto rican/black american man I dated an Asian woman and it was a wonderful experience! Although we were more geared to be friends than romantic lovers we are still good friends to this day and she is currently married to an African American man. For a few years I had given up on dating Black Women, the reason why is I was just tired of it "not working out", and as I dated women of other races (chinese, irish and indian) I learned it was the kind of women I was dating which was the problem not the race of the woman. I noticed I dated the same kind of woman over and over with the same qualities and when I chose to date someone totally different than what I was used to it worked out! Today I am happily with a Jamaican woman, she's 31 sexy and very intelligent. Even if this relationship doesn't work out for some reason or another I will NEVER totally refuse to date a woman based on her race. Which leads me to another comment, I think the thing that hurts the most about people who only date one race or the other is there are some things that we can change as human beings in this life. Such as intelligence, earning potential, becoming a better person emotionally, etc But a person's RACE ??? That's the one thing you can never change, the only one that came close and had the money and desire to do it was Michael Jackson yet even he wasn't successful.

27.   homesteader says:
    Posted: 15 Jan 10

deann ; The ones that know are seeking here .

28.   SCash says:
    Posted: 14 Jan 10

@brownclown - Thanks for the kind words. And I agree, being a minority himself, he has come across a lot of prejudice, much more than I ever have to be honest. He was terribly insecure and 'joked' about me running off with a black man! The humour was used to mask his insecurity clearly! @deann - Do you mean that the situation to do with his parents was 'not my issue'?

29.   teikyo30 says:
    Posted: 14 Jan 10

Most Asian women I see will only date Black men. I think it's because they think Black guys all have big dicks, and maybe because a lot of Black men degrade women and that makes them feel like they're in the right pecking order.

30.   deann says:
    Posted: 12 Jan 10

@ hi, Most Asian women prefer educated men and that you are obviously not. So, you are calling your Mother and sisters sluts? I sure hope they know how you feel about them. I wish young bw knew how some young bm felt about them.

31.   deann says:
    Posted: 12 Jan 10

@ Scash, that was not your issue. However, move on do not fall into a rut. Next.

32.   deann says:
    Posted: 12 Jan 10

Correction....I will take that bet, jinboo.

33.   deann says:
    Posted: 12 Jan 10

@ jinboo, I take that bet and I will be the one who comes out on top. Now laugh at that.

34. Posted: 11 Jan 10

What i don't get is why its such a big deal i personally think its a beautiful thing. As an African American woman (single) would love to date an Asian man(key word single Ahahaha!) the way i see it is God is our only judge so why judge each other?...im not attracted to AM beause they are Asian but because they have awsome goals and morals in life and i believe they treat there wivesgirlfriends good i want to be treated goo so it really doesn't matter to me be if could choose i would prefer an Asian man...:)

35.   BlackCowboy says:
    Posted: 07 Jan 10

I as a handsome black lad have seen VERY FEW Asian-Canadian lasses I'd date because so few are voluptuous.

36.   Member says:
    Posted: 07 Jan 10

The African women of the continent and those of the Diaspora are abeautiful race of people. We should however look at our fathers face and appreciate him and find a good African man to be involved with, whether he is of the ontinent or the diaspora of the Caribbean, or from the African American ones ore Brazilian or French or what everelse have you of us African peoples ofthe World. None-the-less, a good choice of an Asian man would be a darn good thing. Whether he is of the subcontinent of Asian or China/Korea/Japan/Viet Nam/Taiwan or other part of Asia. The Subcontinent of Asia - India rarely get into the African very much unless they are in the Caribbean basin/region. But that can be a good match also. But many of these people need to inform/educate themselves as to the goodness and kindness of all peoples especially African peoples. We always spread out or Red carpets and Gpld ones too but many people lookdown their stupid noses at some Africans. Yes wherever we are we are an African people, an African Race. the continent or the diaspora.

37.   Eddy says:
    Posted: 06 Jan 10

Wow, what a great topic. I'm filipino male living in Canada and my first girlfriend in high school was a tiny carribean girl. She had dark skin, braids and an amazing body. We were both very shy and spoke on the phone for hours and hung out for weeks as "friends". When one day it just made sense to hold hands and kiss when we ever we were together. I honestly thought I would end up marrying this girl. I don't have a preference for girls of a specific race as I've pretty much dates across the board, black, latina, white. Though I've never seriously date any asian girls I am not opposed to it. Though I don't think I'd get along with the FOB's and the white washed ones generally think asian guys are ugly. I think it's stupid to generalize and give into stereotypes. I'm still a shy guy though I've been told I'm very good looking and a great catch but living in a society that does accept the stereotypes makes it difficult for me to emotionally enter into a relationship. Anyway, a couple of months ago, I got into an incident with a lady driving a bmw. Anyway, she called me an asshole, I called her a bitch and we went back and forth until she left. So to make a long story short even though she ended up slashing my tires, the fact that she was black and I was asian never once entered into the argument (when it easily could have). And to be totally honest she was actually really hott!!

38.   jinboo says:
    Posted: 06 Jan 10

I'm a Black man looking for an Asian woman, and I have Black women for the exchange, lol.

39.   brownclown says:
    Posted: 05 Jan 10

SCash, What happended to you is so very unfair. It's terrible how society through the media pressures men to steer clear of long-term committments to black women. It's quite ok to sex us...but to marry or make a long-term committment requires a bold man with the courage to act on his own values and desires rather than be influenced by family and peers. Unfortunately such a man is rare. I am sending positive wishes your way. I hope that the shell shock is short-lived and that you find the positive lessons from this experience and the strength to love and be loved again. Asians are 'minorities' too so they often lack the confidence to lead. Just my humble opinion.

40.   SCash says:
    Posted: 04 Jan 10

I am a black woman who until recently, was in a relationship with a Chinese man. The relationship lasted a little over a year, and although it was not perfect, was the best relationship I've been in as we understood each other on levels that previous partners had failed to. It went without being said directly, but I know that the fact that I am black was an issue for his parents, his father especially. His father had assumed I was white until seeing a picture of me, and dismissed the relationship as something that was not serious. I feel as though this was one of the main reasons for him ending it, and that smaller contributing factors were used as an excuse. He'll never admit this of course, and has insulted my intelligence by assuming I'm not perceptive enough to see it. It has knocked my confidence considerably, as well as anger me. I guess I was naive in assuming it would work out, living in a diverse city and seeing interracial relationships working on a daily basis. I have never been the most confident, but have managed to get by. But being made to feel like you're essentially not good enough for a serious relationship is enough to tear anyone to shreds, especially when you've let your guard down for that person. What annoys me the most is the fact that there are people that are / will be relieved by the fact that we are no longer together. People that probably had the very same attitude towards the relationship and towards me. I know for a fact that he was not used to having someone that challenged him, but embraced the fact for the most part and enjoyed being kept on his toes. I wouldn't call myself what people may deem to be a stereotypical black woman, but I'm also not one to keep it buttoned when I feel like something needs to be said. Looking back, all the signs were there to suggest that he was perhaps a little embarrassed by it all, which is sad really and very hurtful. The damage that has been done will take a long time to repair. The next guy to step up to the plate has a lot to contend with!

41. Posted: 03 Jan 10

I'm a 21 year old African American woman living on the East coast and I have always been attracted to East Asian (I'm a little disturbed that no has made this distinction as there is a major difference between East Asian and Southeast Asian culture) men but have NEVER been approached by one. If I were I don't think I would even know what to do with myself. I hate to suggest something so exclusive, but the only way to prove that African American women and Asian men can come together to make sweet, sweet interracial love would be to start up a dating site made specifically for that purpose. When that does happen I will sign up immediately!

42.   Yamii says:
    Posted: 01 Jan 10

hi im 17 and im black pacific islander creole cajun etc so is my whole family i love asian guys since elementary school so since im so diverse in what i am i dont have the pressure as other people do to marry in thier race primarly because im so many things i just think that even though ur familys might be upset that you date and or marry outside your race dosent mean you shouldnt do it because its going to be you who wakes up every morning to the person you marry u who has to look them in the face everyday not ur friends not ur family you so go for whatever you truly what and anybody thats says they dont like seeing interracial couples nobody asked you to be lookin step kick rocks keep on push because it is none of your businuss who people what to date so keep your coments to so self noboy said you had to date them. but anyway date who you think you would what to wake up in the morning to ps.the the person called hi, i just wanted to say i think it was very rude of you to say that all black girls are sluts thats like saying all asians look alike or all whites are boring and named bill and martha so like the saying goes if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all.

43. Posted: 01 Jan 10

Raynedelay, don't be moved by the foolish words of this person whose views are so far 'off base' and such a 'broad generalization' that it's warped. We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves. -Goethe I've overheard (eavesdropped on brothers talking) and have also been told, personally, about asian 'ladies' from our fellow brothers who, while in the military were stationed throughout Asia. It was definitely a worldly education. The red light districts in those countries weren't the only areas that were frequented, where those young men were welcomed. P.S.-hi, there are dictionaries available to assist you with your spelling. Have a good day!

44.   RAYNEDELAY says:
    Posted: 30 Dec 09

Hi, Shut the hell up! TROLL!

45.   hi says:
    Posted: 29 Dec 09

weel, i like dating asian lady's more then Black lady's, why because black ladys r slut's, and asian ladys aren't. so u see

46.   Tameka says:
    Posted: 22 Dec 09

I have always been attracted to Asian men. If given the choice, I would have married an Asian man; however, Asian man never seem interested in women of color. They are more attracted to Blond haired European women. I am more attracted to Asian men than I am to African men, because of there physical stature and intense eyes which is a symbol of strength and confidence. I guess I am no different from European American women who date African American men because of the symbolism behind darker skin.

47. Posted: 22 Dec 09

I just came across this site while researching something totally different and decided to see what's up. Very interesting topic of conversation. The only comment I want to make at this time is that while living in this world, there will always be people who don't want to see happiness among couples. No matter if they're of the same race or if it's an inter-racial relationship. I know the degrees of stupidity and inconsideration will vary because many people refuse to be color blind and are just plain jealous or stubborn. Yet, these naysayers will not change so readily, if at all. The couples who are in love, who are emotionally mature, have a mutual respect for each other, and have decided to share a future together will have to make the conscious effort to perservere, e.g. develop a strong backbone, thick-skin, and an unmoveable confidence in the decison that was jointly made. Focus on being in this world, yet not of it when it comes to your relationship. There's a way to let people know when they've crossed the line and it's simply by telling them. It can be done without anger, eventually. A firm tone will always work. My take on solid relationships is that, fools will always exist, yet true love is waiting for us to ignore the fools.

48.   brownclown says:
    Posted: 21 Dec 09

I agree with Kellygirl. Many, many black women are attracted to Asian men, including me. It seems that Asian men are not interested in us. Perhaps the 'hoodrat' image has taken its toll on them. Media portrayals of certain ethnic groups create indelible images in our minds.

49.   Observer says:
    Posted: 14 Dec 09

There is such a wide range of black looks as well as asian looks, and who will be externally attracted to whom would vary greatly. But, my personal experience as a Caribbean woman with blended looks of African/East Indian/Native American has been clear interest shown by a number of East Indian guys and a couple of Korean guys. In all of these cases religious differences and family cultural expectations were barriers. So, while I do find so many Asian guys to be super attractive, based on past experiences it just seems like a waste of time to even ponder that.

50.   Kellygirl says:
    Posted: 10 Dec 09

okay how to put it how to put it??? one: not all black girls are Shanay-nay i.e hood rats (obviously). two: my family doesnt give a rats behind what race i date. three: i a very young black female who practically melts into butter at the thought of an asian guy. but have i dated one? no. there are NO asian men anywhere near me, but in the China 1 resturaunts ( i live in Detroit MI) i actually am not attracted to over masculine 10-foot penis men either (excuse my french). I love EVERYTHING about asians, and when i say everything, i mean everything. THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT BLACK WOMEN DONT WANT YOU AND WHOEVER TOLD U THAT CAN KICK ROCKS AND BLOW BUBBLES!!! I think that (in my own opinion, so plz no comments) asian guys like us but are scared off by the hoodrat image that society has branded us women of color. BOTTOM LINE: GROW SOME BALLS AND APPROACH US!!! YOU WILL BE SUPRISED HOW MANY BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMEN ARE FOAMING AT THE MOUTH (exaggeration but you get my drift) TO BE WITH YOU!! email me any comments/ questions under the topic bf/am at destin3d2bfamous@yahoo.com